Thursday 26 May 2016

Tuesday 24th May 2016

SHE SAID:

A full day out sight-seeing was my plan.

We had morning tea at Manning Lookout, with views of Kangaroo Valley, & Common Leafy Greenhood orchids! A walk to Fitzroy Falls, with more Greenhoods & other orchid basal leaves spotted. Then a long wait at the visitors centre for one of the rangers to print off the orchids of the area list for me.

We continued on to Robertson for a very nice pie for late lunch. And the final stop for the day was at Belmont Falls; this stop was without orchids though.

Back at Bertie, in Kangaroo Valley, we had a cuppa with a vanilla slice & raspberry custard tart, purchased from the very nice bakery.

The very well known & visually eye catching Hampden Bridge
in Kangaroo Valley


Manning Lookout

Fitzroy Falls

Valley Views

The Giant Potato in Robertson

The View from Bertie at Glenmack Park


HE SAID:

Despite my bragging about my whale spotting, and also finding a male lyrebird for Varena to photograph, I could not manage to spot any orchids. Luckily, Varena found some, even though I had walked right past them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.