Thursday 26 May 2016

Wednesday 25th May 2016

SHE SAID:

Geoff took it easy today, just hanging around the van.

I went off to Tallowa Dam, & the Three Lookouts Fire Trail. I did find another new orchid, a difficult one to identify, too (I'm asking for help!). The view at the end of the trail was over the Yarrunga Lake.

At dusk Geoff & I headed for the river behind the caravan park, to see if we could spot any wombats. There were a couple across the river, & one on our side, but it was rather far off, & the light was quite poor for photos. Still, I got to see 3 more live wombats!!!

Tallowa Dam


A very dark Wallaby almost hidden in the shadows,
along with his lighter coloured mate

Yellow Tufted Honeyeater



Lake Yurrunga from the granite cliffs lookout




HE SAID:

My easy day at the van happened to include some preventative maintenance on the van, and a recce to the river to see what I could see. There was a lot of evidence of wombats, so that kept Varena happy.

I also got to watch other people work, which is always entertaining; two blokes from the van park were chopping down a couple of trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.