Thursday 23 June 2016

Wednesday 22nd June 2016

SHE SAID:

Geoff & I visited the Australian War Memorial today. We can't remember the last time we were there, or even if we have been there together. We joined a free 90 minute tour through the WW2 gallery, then did the WW1 gallery ourselves.

There is so much to see, & take in that we will have to return another time to do the rest!
After taking photos outside we zoomed back to the car, as the wind was bitingly cold. We had a brief visit to Mount Pleasant (when we eventually found the way up) then returned to the house.

A slow cooked Thai Red Curry warmed us up for dinner, then Geoff cried over the Rugby!

The Australian War Memorial, a very imposing place



Geoff in the hall of the unknown soldier


Roll of Honour

Anzac Parade to Old & New Parliament Houses

HE SAID:

I must have driven past the War Memorial a few thousand times since I last went inside, but I am glad that I finally went back. It is such an amazing place, and everyone who gets the chance should go along.

As usual, the NSW Rugby League team did not listen to me as I watched the game, and they lost again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.