Saturday 2 July 2016

Saturday 2nd July 2016

SHE SAID:

A nothing day today.

PS I was well annoyed (not my normal phrasing) on missing out doing the election. I put it down to being "half" Aussie & being female. I remember the Victorian elections having way more females than males!
But Geoff told me afterwards that most of the females he worked with were of "ethnic" origin! So being female & white meant I had NO chance of working!
Not much I can do to change that is there!


HE SAID:

After we had both applied, for some reason I was selected to work at the federal election. This was my second election, and just as long and tedious as the first. While the day passed fairly quickly during the issuing of ballots, the sorting, counting and packing up is a drag. Those huge white senate ballot papers are rather awkward to manage, therefore taking about three times as long to finish with as the house of reps. There is a sense of satisfaction at the end of the day, as well as relief that the day is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.