Friday 12 August 2016

Thursday 11th August 2016

SHE SAID:

This morning we did the 4km nature trail around the sanctuary, not finding any orchids, but it was a pleasant walk in the warm sun.

After lunch we were told we should check out the near by Keith Hateley Reserve, which is part of the Little Deserts National Park. This place did have orchids. No new to me types but eagle eyed Geoff spotted 3 flowering types & a Caladenia that is so close to flowering! I was excited, we will have to return before we leave on Sunday.


Little Desert Lodge
Nature Trail
Big M's waterhole

Colourful Caterpillar
Climbing Clematis

HE SAID:

I am not always out with Varena when she is looking for orchids, but I do have an advantage when I do go; Varena photographs orchids when we find them. Varena, by stopping to photograph our finds, then leaves me with loitering time, and sometimes I get lucky and find additional orchids.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.