Sunday 21 August 2016

Tuesday 16th August 2016

SHE SAID:

I had high expectations after yesterdays haul of orchids found. I chose tracks that are known for wildflowers & orchids, but they were burnt in the 2014 fires. There were very few orchids to be found on these tracks.

We did find about a dozen different types of orchids, not all in flower, but nothing new. Though I have yet to check through all the photos properly!

It was a nice scenic drive none-the-less, around parts of the Grampians that neither of us have seen before. The sun was out for most of the day, & the temperature reached 16c at one stage. I can't complain about that!

The wattle at the Grampians Edge Caravan Park was lovely

The view of the Grampians from the caravan park

Me playing around with Geoff's new phone camera


A fading Fringed Hare Orchid

Archie was too busy posing to find any orchids!

Driving through the burnt areas around the northern section of the Grampians

Round Swamp; several types of orchids were found here
HE SAID:

After yesterday's big effort I was told that I had to find several new orchid varieties today. Fail! It is usually good just driving and wandering around in the bush, luckily for me. Because that was all we managed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.