Sunday 21 August 2016

Wednesday 17th August 2016

SHE SAID:

We farewelled Dadswell Bridge today; we are heading slowly east, then north.

Our destination was Ballan, a small village about 45 minutes beyond Ballarat, towards Melbourne. It was only 180kms from Dadswell Bridge, so a short day. This meant I had the afternoon charging around the Brisbane Ranges National Park to check on the progress of the orchids.

I was rewarded with my efforts by finding a Blue Caladenia in flower, different from the Bluebeard/Blue Fairies we'd seen over at the Little Desert National Park. I was very happy.
Geoff had the afternoon off at the van.

Archie kept me company on this
afternoon drive


Blue Caladenia - Caladenia caerulea (Cyanicula caerulea)



On the way back I had a short stop at Fiskville.
This grand bunch of buildings have caught my eye every time I pass them

Beam Wireless Short Wave Transmitter Station.
Now the training centre for the CFA
HE SAID:

My afternoon off, as Varena called it, was spent half under the van trying to work out why the van's filtered water flow is about half its usual rate. I was completely unsuccessful, so we still have a reduced water flow, despite the new filter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.