Sunday 25 September 2016

Friday 23rd September 2016

SHE SAID:

I headed out for the day, leaving Geoff & Sophy holding the fort.

First stop was Minnehaha Falls in Katoomba. It has been on my hit list for a while. I had the walk to myself on the way down, & there was no one at the base of the falls either, which was good for my photos. The walk back up was, as usual, slow for me.

Next destination was Mount Hay Road out of Leura. I had read it is good for orchids. I did find a new one to me at the very end of the rough dirt track, which was about 13km long, with a top speed of 25km! An interesting drive. But the Small Waxlip Orchids were a happy new find. I also found some Dusky Caladenia at the beginning of the track on my way out.




Yosemite Creek



Down then up....(My favourite!)

Minnehaha Falls

The view from the top of Mount Hay Road, Leura
HE SAID:

With Varena off orchiding I had a quiet day, with a few chores that needed doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.