Thursday 29 September 2016

Tuesday 27th September 2016

SHE SAID:

On a recommendation from a local I headed out to the Wambool Nature Reserve, about 115km from Springwood, near to Bathurst. I had vague memories of being here before; yes we had been here in October 2013. This time I found much more than on the previous wanderings.

My tally for the day was 6 flowering orchids (2 of which are new to me), one budding Spider Orchid, & many budding Sun Orchids. Also, leaves of a Helmet Orchid. It was blowing a gale so the photos were a challenge!

Variable Fingers

A rather unusual looking Blue Caladenia

Leopard Orchid

Pterostylis (Bunochilus) tenuis- I can't find an
English name for this orchid


Hairy Snail Orchid


Unusually-coloured Dusky Caladenia
(The wind was very annoying & this was the best shot!)
HE SAID:

My day was rather "house husband". I let Varena head off looking for orchids, and then did some washing and changed the towels and linen etc. Not very exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.