Sunday 9 October 2016

Friday 7th October 2016

SHE SAID:

I did a few chores at the house before a re-run of Wednesday; another trip to Black Mountain with Tony the orchid hunting guru. We met up with another enthusiastic orchid & nature spotter, Eyal. We had an excellent "haul" by the end of the day; 14 different orchids. Two were new to me & several were new sightings in the ACT for me, though I have seen them in other states.

I returned to the house tired; walking around mountains is actually exercise...OMG!


Unusual albino Glossodia major

Normal purple & rare white
Waxlip Orchid


Another unusual albino orchid -
Dusky Fingers (Caladenia fuscata)
Colour variations - mainly green
to mainly purple

Common or Large Bird Orchid (Chiloglottis valida)



 Purple Beard Orchid - Calochilus platychilus

Another "new to me" orchid - Needle-point Rustyhood
(Oligochaetochilus aciculiformis)
HE SAID:

A short side trip to Woden, then down to Calwell to see Dad. It was not Dad's best day. He seems to be having more and more of these. The pain management regimen is still far from perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.