Thursday 6 October 2016

Wednesday 5th October 2016

SHE SAID:

I had a 90 minute walk up on Farrer Ridge in the morning; it is very wet up there, & there is a mass of wildflowers blooming.

After an early lunch I collected Tony from his place, & we headed for Caswell Drive & the access up onto Black Mountain. It was an awesome afternoon, with 5 new-to-me orchids, plus another 3 that I've seen before, & 2 more different again orchids in bud.


Swan Greenhood-
Hymenochilus cycnocephalus






Black-tip Greenhood-
Hymenochilus bicolor

Thin-clubbed Mantis Orchid

Caladenia atrovespa or also called a Green-comb Spider orchid

Black Mountain Leopard Orchid (Diuris nigromonata)

Brown Caps - Caladenia ustulata
HE SAID:

It was down to see Dad, plus I had a crack at the mowing of the wet spring grass.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.