Sunday 15 January 2017

Sunday 15th January 2017

SHE SAID:

I got out into the bush orchid hunting today. I had no luck at Mount Gibraltar, but success on Tourist Road, where I found a "new to me" beard orchid. I think it is a Slender Beard Orchid (Calochilus gracillimus). COOL. There were heaps of seeding Rosy Hyacinth Orchids, but only a couple still have flowers. Finally 1 single Small Tongue Orchid.

Geoff went to the Bradman Oval to see some local cricket, before spending the rest of the day glued to TV for the other cricket.


Christmas Beetle
Bugs

Cool Butterfly

Slender Beard Orchid - Calochilus gracillimus


Rosy Hyacinth Orchid
Small Tongue Orchid

Old stone steps at Mount Gibraltar
HE SAID:

The Bradman Oval is a nice place to watch cricket, so there I went. The ODI against Pakistan was a bit disappointing, yet still needed to be watched. Why else would it be on?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.