Thursday 5 January 2017

Wednesday 4th January 2017

SHE SAID:

Geoff & I headed in different directions. He caught the 8am (I know, 8am!!!) train to Sydney to go & watch the cricket at the SCG.

I met up with Jan & Margaret to check out Fitzroy Falls for Orchids. We walked along the eastern track seeing nothing, not even leaves. But I had more luck on the western side, finding both the Large Tongue Orchid (Cow Orchid) & the Small or Spotted Tongue Orchid. I think I walked about 7km with my camera backpack & felt completely knackered when I got back to the house!

Geoff at the SCG


Lomond Lookout on the eastern track

Above the falls


The view above Twin Falls; which had no water flowing over it


A log cabin in the bush
HE SAID:

Varena dropped me at Bowral train station just before 8am, and picked me up at 9pm. Of the 13 hours in-between I spent almost 6 hours on public transport. I expected the public transport to be a bit dodgy, but not this crap. It would have been quicker to drive, and apart from paying to park the car at Moore Park, it would have been cheaper to drive too. I enjoyed my day at the cricket, but the logistics makes it too much of a pain in the bum to do often.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.