Monday 20 February 2017

Sunday 19th February 2017

SHE SAID:

I had my final bush walk in the ACT today. Tony suggested there might be things out at Booroomba Rocks. He was right.
Apart from the multitudes of people dressed in their very bright figure-hugging “active wear” off climbing the rock, there were several orchids around. I found a new to me one, the Autumn Magenta Orchid, plus a Summer Greenhood & a Rosy Hyacinth Orchid.

The rest of the places I went looking I was unsuccessful; & there were plenty drongos haring around dirt roads. Note to self: don't go out at the weekends, it's way too crowded!


This little orchid is the Eriochilus magenteus -
The Autumn Magenta Orchid

A new to me orchid
Size against my thumb

Diplodium decurvum - Summer Greenhood

Still flowering Dipodium roseum - Rosy Hyacinth Orchid
These start flowering in December

The track I walked along

HE SAID:

I did the usual transport for Mum, then we had the Canberra girls over to Farrer. It was our final catch up before our departure northwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.