Friday 17 February 2017

Thursday 16th February 2017

SHE SAID:

I had a quiet day going through the trip itinerary, making some changes to the original, so we can catch up with friends north of Brisbane. It takes a while to find places to stay, then check the distances for that day, & what else  there is to do in the area.

Geoff was out early. Bertie was getting a service, luckily at the place he is “living” in at Monash, so we didn't have to take him anywhere.

Me sitting in the garden at Mick & Jacqui's place in Lawson
HE SAID:

The caravan service was almost called off by the caravan bloke. He rang last night to see if we were in a hurry to get the service done, and when I said that we were heading toward North Queensland on Tuesday he said it would be fine and that he would manage.

He was a chatty fellow, and came across as very experienced and thorough. He was happy for me to watch and learn as he worked, so I picked up a thing or two during the service.

In the evening Tony, one of Dad's cousins, rang. I had never spoken to him before, but we ended up chatting for well over an hour about a wide range of topics, but especially cricket. He sounded like a good bloke, but at 85 years old I don't know if I will actually get to meet him.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.