Wednesday 7 June 2017

Monday 5th June 2017

SHE SAID:

Our reason for this short "getaway" to Cairns was that Geoff was having a hernia operation at the Cairns Private Hospital.  We were told to be at the hospital for 7am! Luckily it was a 10 minute walk from the hotel. Geoff was whisked away from me around 8am. His surgery was due to be around 10.30am.

I entertained myself with a walk around some of the Cairns Botanic Gardens. It poured with rain towards the end, but I was prepared with a raincoat & brolly!

I met up with Carol at Pier Point at midday, then returned to the hospital about 2.30pm. Geoff had texted that he was in the room, feeling a bit dozy, drugged & sore. He seemed to be in fairly good spirits & I stayed with him for the rest of the day into the early evening.


Some of the weird & colourful
flowers at the gardens







Giant Brazilian Heliconias
(well they look like them)




Dozens of these flowers were hanging here; huge & long 
HE SAID:


It was great to have Varena with me for the afternoon, even if I was still a bit out of it. I don't know how much sense I was making but I appreciated her company and conversation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.