Sunday 25 June 2017


Saturday 24th June 2017

SHE SAID:

I headed off early this morning. I wanted to go to the Yungaburra Markets, which is about 90 minutes from Djarawong. I took the slightly longer route up the Gillies Highway; it has 263 bends in the climb to the Atherton Tablelands (just because I wanted to drive the windy road)!

The markets were good. I also got some local information on places I might find terrestrial orchids, & the Lumholtz's Tree Kangaroo. I lucked out on both accounts, but plan to return for further searches!

I was unable to escape the rain of the Tully region; it followed me everywhere I went, though it did brighten up at the markets!

Houses & buildings around the old tin mining town of Herberton



Several murals about the "olden days" in the town, dot the walls



There is even a spy & camera museum here!


A blue & red church!

The rain returned & splotched the lens on this shot
Archie enjoying the almost sun out at the swamp


There were 100's of these Plumed Whistling Ducks
at the swamp making quite a racket!

Busy cleaning

HE SAID:

I dodged another market and spent a fairly quiet day at the house.

The biggest achievement for my day was pulling apart the blower fan in the house's old ute. We use this for taking the dog anywhere, as it is fitted with a cage on the back. The house owner had told us that we shouldn't use the fan, heater, or air-con, as the noise it made was suspect and it may overheat and cause a fire! I removed a rag from within, and now we can actually use the fan, and even the air-conditioning.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.