Thursday 13 July 2017

Thursday 13th July 2017

HE SAID:

I headed into Tully for a hairdressing appointment first thing today. Chatting with the lady doing my hair, it again struck me how very lucky we are to be doing this travelling & house sitting. She was amazed & very envious of me.

It's good to be reminded sometimes how fortunate we are.

A piece of trivia also: Geoff sent me a Blog site which explains all the names of places in far north Queensland. So I looked up the area that we are in - Djarawong. It is an Aboriginal name for a local scrub tree from around here.


The brightly coloured "Frog Hospital" house




As with most gardens up in FNQ (far north Queensland) the colours 
are brilliant


HE SAID:

Varena's hair appointment amused me. Not for anything about today, but that she had said that she has a plan, over several haircuts, to get to a particular style that she wants. In all my life I have never thought ahead about having a series of  haircuts. I used to just decide what to say to the barber/hairdresser on the day - back when I actually had hair!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.