Saturday 22 July 2017

Wednesday 19th July 2017

SHE SAID:

Geoff & Daniel headed off at 7am for a ½ day fishing charter off Mission Beach. I decided to back up to the Tablelands & look for terrestrial orchids. I was hoping to meet up with a local lady so that she could show me some places they grow.

But I was well early so did a few things on my “to do” list. Millaa Millaa Falls was practically empty so I got some silky water shots, with no one in the pictures. I continued on to Mount Hypipamee National Park, & did the circuit walk along Dinner Creek to the Falls & the crater lake.

The lady, Chris, I was hoping to meet with bailed out on me, so I decided to check out the Herberton Range Ridge Road & was very happy to find six different types of orchids. Three  were in flower, 2 only had the basal leaves & seeding flower stems, & 1 in bud!

The fire under the stars rounded out every one's day nicely.


Misty morning start

Millaaa Millaa Lookout

Millaa Millaa Falls

Yellow-breasted Robin

Dinner Creek- Mt Hypipamee National Park

Dinner Falls


Dinner Falls



Mt Hypipamee Crater


Mt Baldy National Park...wandering horse

Paper Daisy

Helmet Orchid - passed it's best

Northern Sun Orchid - Thelymitra queenslandcia

Greenhood


Daniel's catch - Spotted Mackerel




YES! Hubby caught fish too!







HE SAID:

Dan and I had a very productive morning out fishing. We caught dozens of fish between us, keeping only a few mackerel and a reef fish. We could have brought more home, but we didn't need it, so hopefully the other passengers on the boat enjoyed them.

Our evening was a little adventurous, as the power went out for an hour. We grabbed torches and lit a gas lamp, and after doing some troubleshooting to make sure that the fault was not at our place, we basically just chatted for the hour or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.