Thursday 12 October 2017

Tuesday 10th October 2017

SHE SAID:

Geoff headed into Stanthorpe to get some minor warranty work done one the ute. This is probably the final work that Holden will do for free as our warranty comes to an end shortly.

I made some fruit cakes. It's been a while & quite a challenge with the lack of basics in the house. But they turned out OK.

After an early lunch I headed over to Teresa's place at Amiens; she wanted to show me a couple of orchid spots nearby. Once again we had very little success. None of the places we checked for terrestrial orchids had any signs of them growing, coming, or dead even!
There was a Black Orchid (Cymbidium canaliculatum) with flower spikes in a tree.

One fast asleep Bib on the chair with me

Walk with a view, if not any orchids!

The little 100 year old church in Amiens

Lake on Mengel Road, Amiens

King Proteas


A pyramid in a field....Ballendean

HE SAID:

The mechanic who did our last service detected a small leak of coolant from the rear of the engine. As it would be done under warranty I arranged for the repair job to be done. To fill my time while the car was in being fixed I went walkabout again around Stanthorpe. One of my minor tasks was to find somewhere with free wi-fi so that I could update Varena's phone software. There is no internet at the house except via wi-fi dongle, which is still very over-priced! So I thought that the public library would be a good place to get wi-fi, but after waiting half an hour for their 10am opening I found the wi-fi to be horrendously slow and virtually unusable. My next option was a café, but it took me four attempts to find a café with wi-fi. Once I did though, the wi-fi was terrific and the coffee was good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.