Tuesday 12 December 2017

Monday 11th December 2017

SHE SAID:

I headed out around 8.30am for Weetangera & Tony's place. Along with Jean & Eyal we were off up to Mount Ginini looking for the rarely seen Bog Bird Orchid (Chiloglottis turfosa).

The trek down to the bog/fen swamp was quite an adventure, & one I have no interest in repeating! Eyal did find the orchid we were looking for, but annoyingly they seem to like growing on ant nests, so as soon as you get down to photograph them you are covered in tiny bitey ants! It wasn't a pleasant time trying to get a couple of decent shots.

Returning to the car we all found several other orchid species; 6 in all with 2 or possibly 3 new to me ones. By the time all the orchids had be snapped, & we'd had a cuppa it was well after 6pm & time to head back! Lucky it is summer & the days are light till around 8pm! I wouldn't like to take this winding, narrow dirt road in the dark & having to descend about 1000m too!

Bog Bird Orchid - Chiloglottis turfosa

Leek Orchids - Prasophyllum tadgellianum
Tadgell's Leek Orchids



Highlands Golden Moths - Diuris monticola


Mountain Caps - Caladenia alpina
HE SAID:



I spent a lot of time today trying to find information on various jobs that Mum has tasked me with. Mixed success was the outcome.

During the day I prepared dinner from a recipe that Varena has made a couple of times before. I was rather dubious of how it would turn out, but it was fine. And as Varena was not home until nearly 8pm it was a good thing that I done it. Otherwise I'd have had to think of something all by myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.