Sunday 15 April 2018

Saturday 14th April

SHE SAID:

The weather seems to be changing here in Canberra. When we arrived it was warm & sunny. But the past few days a strong cold wind, squally rain showers & overcast skies are seeming to dominate. Autumn is on its way.

Great weather for staying & sorting holiday photos; still several 1000 to go I think!

Yes, PS Again, more shots of art from Joburg!







HE SAID:

Still a bit mucked up with jet lag, I headed out to coffee with Shorty at Garran for a quick chat. Afterward I managed a few tasks around the house, and watched some catch up shows and footy on TV.

While in South Africa I tried to replicate my UK beer sampling and got up to 25 different beers. The range of beers available in most places was limited to the everyday common lager-ish styles, but when I could I tried to have some variety. The UK has much more variety, but if I went to Southern Africa again I reckon I'd be alright! Here they are in the order I tasted them:


1 Castle 1895 Draught

2 Soweto Gold Superior Golden Lager

3 Carling Black Label

4 Hansa Pilsener

5 Zambezi Lager

6 Golden Pilsener

7 The River Brewery “Belgian”

8 Traditional African tribal beer

9 St Louis Lager

10 Windhoek Premium Draught

11 Windhoek Premium Lager

12 Tafel Lager

13 Olde Sea Dog Pilsener.

14 Franschhoek Three Oaks Lager

15 Tiger’s Milk Lager

16 Stellenbrau Lager

17 Castle Milk Stout

18 Darling Brew Godfather Rye IPA

19 Agar’s Brewery American Pale Ale

20 Jack Black Lumberjack Amber Ale

21 Agar’s Brewery Red Ale

22 Darling Brew Thunder Bird IPA

23 Agar’s Brewery Black Mamba Stout

24 Agar’s Brewery White Dog Saison

25 Gilroy Real Ales Serious



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.