Friday 22 June 2018

Friday 22nd June


SHE SAID:

I joined the crawl out of Auckland just before 9am.

I was heading for New Plymouth but going via "Hobbiton" the studio tour. After The Hobbit movie was completed they decided to keep the village of Hobbiton on site and turn it into a tourist site.

I loved it, it was done very well.

I had another 3 1/2 drive ahead of me to get to New Plymouth, but it was easy driving. I arrived at 5.30pm. It was a non-stop talk fest for the evening.

Jenny & Charlotte

Me & Jenny


Ready for the tour


Yayee!

One of 35 "Hobbiton Houses" at Hobbiton

Bilbo Baggins' House
( The "Oak Tree" above is handmade)



Looking down on The Green Dragon Pub, the Play Tree & Field

Bilbo Baggins House

Bilbo Baggins house from the side & the "Oak Tree"








Inside The Green Dragon




The scenery heading for New Plymouth

Looking towards the Three Sisters

Celebrating my arrival

HE SAID:

Still sorting my music file, this time putting a selection onto my phone, I cranked out a few tunes before driving down to Uralla again. Not for anything exciting, just to look at caravans for ideas, and a few minor things.

The bloke walking his cattle dog and large brown pet pig down the road past the house this afternoon was quite a surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.