Monday 18 June 2018


Sunday 17th June


SHE SAID :

I had two walks on Coopers Beach today. The first was cut short as the tide was coming in & covering the sand, but the second, just before sunset, was better, longer & full of photos.

I made a huge pot of Pumpkin and Coconut Soup, of which we had some for lunch.
We enjoyed a quiet afternoon at the house; it was warm and sunny. 

Misty start


High tide on Coopers Beach


Low tide & sunset on Coopers Beach

Patterns in the sand







HE SAID:

It was a fairly ordinary day, weather-wise. With a forecast maximum of nine degrees, and only making it to about 7, and with a few snow flakes drifting on the air, I waited until peak-warmth, about 2pm, before heading out.

I had plans to go to a local brewery to check out their products. But when I followed the GPS' directions I ended up in the middle of nowhere. So I switched to Google Maps on my phone, and ended up amongst tyre shops and mechanical repair businesses instead. Getting rather annoyed about the navigation failures, I looked up the brewery phone number and gave them a call. The surprised man that answered my call basically explained that the business was closed and awaiting fire regulations approvals, and that it could take months. I didn't bother even asking where the brewery actually was, as we'll be long gone. But how hard is it to mention the closure on their website?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.