Saturday 9 December 2017

Thursday 7th December 2017

SHE SAID:

Finally the weather was good enough to head out. I left early, 7.30am, as Val had a 2pm appointment that she needed a lift to.  I decided to go to Booroomba Rocks, out past Tharwa, about an hour away.

I had a fruitful wander, finding 5 different flowering orchids & leaves of another which don't flower yet. It was good to get out in the bush again.

I was back at Farrer in time to drop Val at her appointment, as Geoff had another bout of Vertigo whilst gardening & was in bed when I got back.

I have updated my "seen orchids list". It hasn't been done since October 2016, when Mum asked me how many different ones I'd seen. Back then it was 194 types & now it's 242!

Diuris semilunulata - Late Leopard Orchid



From the back

Another Diuris semilunulata - totally different colourings

Whole plant



Caladenia moschata - Musky Caps

The only Chilglottis valida flower I found, despite seeing dozens of leaves


Tiny wildflowers
HE SAID:

I'm getting old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.