Sunday 15 April 2018

Friday 13th April

SHE SAID:

I headed to the ANU this morning with the aid of Jean, to meet Mark Clements, one of the “top dogs” of the orchid world. We chatted for around 90 minutes. He told me about his work, showed me the DNA mapping, and orchid samples he has amassed over 40+ years. He has seen almost all of the known Australian orchids! Wow, that's over 2000.

When I left I had a fruitless 2 hour wander around Black Mountain. I went to known orchid spots but found no signs of anything. It has been very dry over the past year. But I did give my new hiking shoes a good testing.

Geoff & I met up with friends for dinner at a new to us restaurant called Corvina, in Swinger Hill. They did tasty Italian food; always a hit in my book.

PS Odd sightings & street art in Joburg.







HE SAID:

My morning was spent doing lots of small tasks for Mum around the house. I managed to cross several things off my to-do list. Dinner with Phil and Andrea was a good chatty time, with good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.