Friday 15 September 2017

Wednesday 13th September 2017

SHE SAID:

We took the Windorah to Quilpie “chicken road” today. It is sealed all the way, but large parts are one lane only. So you have to “share” with oncoming traffic. Luckily there were no road trains!

We arrived at our latest camping area, Lake Houdraman, around lunchtime. There was water in the lake, & lots of birdlife. We spent the afternoon trying to ID the ones we saw. We saw over 30 different birds, some we knew, & others we had to try & identify.

The sunset was lovely; clouds, colour & trees. I think it was the best of our trip so far.

Morning tea stop at a sand dune

Beeping Cattle grate...(ask Geoff)

One of the locals at lake Houdraman, Quilpie



These Apostlebirds are always friendly & funny little buggers


Sunlight catching the colours in the Redgum bark

Phone panorama

Sunset panoramas


Sunset


HE SAID:

Passing through what I thought would be yet another stock grid on the road, I was surprised to hear a siren/alarm. We were slowing down, as I wanted to stop to check something on the van, so after pulling off the road I wandered back. What I found when I got back to where the stock grid should be, was a solar-powered battery-operated motion-detection alarm arrangement. The siren sounded whenever I passed in front of the sensor. My guess is that it is an experiment to see whether it is an effective alternative to installing a stock grid. But I am far from sure about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.