Monday 9 October 2017

Sunday 8th October 2017

SHE SAID:

I had an adventurous day. Teresa invited me to join in on the nature group walk to Bolivia Hill. It was about an hour south of Wyberba into NSW.

All the walkers, 8 of us in total, were keen flora people, naming everything we came across. I was really just interested in finding orchids though. I did find the first one, a Beard Orchid. There were several in flower.

It was then decided that walking to the top of Bolivia Hill was the way to go...(Hmmm not my idea). We scrabbled through tea tree, over granite boulders & thigh high Mat Rush to the top at around 1200m. Two more orchids were found, both lithophytes, which like the higher latitudes, & were in flower. Teresa said it was the equivalent of around 15 floors of a high rise building. It seemed more like 50 to me! I'm not a fan of going up hill.

For me going down was much easier, though there were several “bum slides” involved in getting to the flat ground again!

Purple Beard Orchid - the 1st orchid of the day


Cascades of the Tongue or Thumb-nail orchid;
a lithophyte, usually at a good height for photographing

 
Teresa gets close to the Dagger Orchid
our 2nd lithophyte for the day
Dockrillia pugioniformis - Dagger Orchid


At the top of Bolivia Hill

Walking across the saddle


Colourful beetle

Just one push....

Back at the bottom, looking back to the hill (mountain) we just came down!

HE SAID:

I was a very domesticated husband and did things around the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.