Sunday 17 June 2018

Saturday 16th June

SHE SAID:

Molly was my tour guide for the day. 

We headed for Kerikeri and the Packhouse Markets, and had a quick stop at the shops. For lunch Molly suggested we go to the river. We sat over looking it at the  scenic Pear Tree Restaurant. There is an old Missionary Stone House, a quaint church overlooking the river, and another old wooden house here; just lovely.

More scenic stops: Rainbow Falls, Whangaroa fishing village, and Molly's childhood village of Totara North. Loads of photos, sun, and new sights for me.



Kerikeri River at The Stone House 

The Stone House & Colonial House


Molly enjoying her Chilli Mussels

Us by the river

Kerikeri River





Whangarei Falls


Jandal Fence - Kaeo

Whangaroa Oyster Farms

Whangaroa 



Totara North views

Molly's Place

My first NZ sunset

Deidre and Merrylegs heading for a trot

HE SAID:

Another proper winter's day in Arding. A frosty start, then it was cloudy, breezy, a couple of light squalls with very little rain, and a 20 second spattering of hail around dinner time. I nearly went out, as I had a couple of things I wanted to do, but, you know... winter.

Tori's mum came over after lunch and took Merrylegs, the pony, for a trot around the property and down a nearby lane. I think they both enjoyed themselves.

My evening overflowed with sport, though the results were disappointing, with the Aussies going down three from three. Between the TV, laptop, and mobile phone I managed to keep up to date on the Rugby test against Ireland, the cricket ODI v England, the World Cup soccer v France, and the Hawthorn v West Coast AFL match. I had to give up though, when all the football had finished and the cricket had yet another rain delay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.