Friday 15 June 2018

Friday 15th June

SHE SAID:


I had an easy drive to Molly's place, with a stop in Whangarei for lunch at the Town Basin, and walk around Whangarei Falls.

The trip took almost 7 hours with stops. It was scenic, green and an easy drive. I think it is over 20 years since I was last here, some things are vaguely familiar but mostly it is new. The weather has stayed mainly sunny and mild, quite a surprise.



Views to Whangarei



Art at Town Basin - Whangarei




Town Basin - Whangarei


Whangarei Falls


Scenery on the Mangonui / Kaitaia road


Molly's cat Clarice - (or as I renamed her Fang)
she is a Cornish Rex

"Pooh Bear Island" - in Doubtless Bay
(View from Molly's place)

1st Sunset
HE SAID:

The cat, known as Puss, after briefly looking for Varena, dug her way beneath the bedspread and settled in for the long haul after being let into the bedroom at my coffee time. As with most house sits, the whole shebang is based on what the pet wants.


I ventured out, after the frost melted, to the Armidale recycling centre, where, believe it or not, I deposited our last few weeks' worth of recyclable material. Then I headed to Aldi.


Once again I was surprised that the total price of the groceries was way less than what I would have expected at Coles and Woolies. I also know that Aldi employs very few local staff compared with the big supermarkets. Aldi also have a limited range, sometimes meaning that we also go to Coles or Woolies for the things Aldi does not stock. Whilst I do want more local employment, I also want cheaper prices, so I am happy to go to both types of outlet on an as needed basis. But when I read of the big supermarkets' huge annual profits, I do not care so much. They are still making their billions, so why shouldn't I save a few bucks on a weekly shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.