Wednesday 24 July 2019

Monday 22nd July

SHE SAID:

We headed out on what appeared to be a nice sunny drive, but the weather soon changed & we had damp wanderings in the bush.

Orchids were found, but not the one I was hoping to see!

We were back to the van for a normal timed lunch; 1.15pm! 

In the afternoon I headed out on the Wildflower Walk that went through the park. I think I did about 7km all up, finding several flowering orchids & the small waterfalls on the Arrowsmith River.

I think I posted this 8 years ago, but I still find it amusing

Waterfall, or more a cascade, on the Arrowsmith River at Western Flora

Well, we are in Wildflower Country!
HE SAID:

We had a go, and found lots of signs of things to come, but we did not find Varena's main target orchid species today. Starting with clear blue skies this morning, we ended our drive stomping about in wet shrubbery and getting rained on by lunch time. Soup and a toasted sandwich fixed most of the problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.