Tuesday 9 April 2024

Sunday 7th April 2024

Sunday 7th April

SHE SAID:

I slept like a log, it’s very nice to be in a proper bed again. We were asleep by 8.30pm & I was surprised we woke about 7am.

We snuck into Mum’s around 8.30am; her bedroom door was closed so we didn’t make a noise. She seemed surprised to find us in the lounge about 15minutes later when she came in. I think she slept well too.

We headed into town to get UK SIM cards for our phones & get some food from Sainsbury’s. Back at the flat I called a few friends to announce our arrival, then got down to the photo sorting for the last few days in Tokyo.

Mum’s friend Kate came down for a glass of wine & managed to “let the cat out of the bag” on the venue for my birthday. I didn’t mind & we had a laugh about it, but she was very sorry for telling the secret!

Julian & Kiyoka finally arrived at 10.15pm by taxi.

As I haven't taken any photos in UK yet here are some more from around Tokyo.




HE SAID:

Despite being very tired I had a broken night of sleep; my body thought it was the middle of the day even though it was the middle of the night. Eight hours time difference will do that to you.

We did not rush about but eventually drove the short distance in to the town for supplies. I had also researched phone SIMs, and having not gone into the minutia of the myriad options available lumped on to a 15 pound PAYG with 25 Gig data, unlimited calls and texts, and can be used in Italy. Varena made us bangers and mash before we all crashed fairly early.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.