Tuesday 9 April 2024

Monday 8th April 2024

Monday 8th April

SHE SAID:

We got things done for the coming days. Geoff needed smart shoes for Wednesday, then he organised for him & me to go onto Mum’s car insurance so we can drive it. Next a car was hired for Wednesday & Thursday to get the 6 of us to & from Horsted Place.

Geoff left me in town so I could have a wander around solo; I wanted to get a new outfit for my birthday, which I found.

Julian suggested an afternoon walk to Horsham Park, which we all did. We came back through town, stopping in at The Stout House for a drink. The day finished with Kedgeree for dinner. 

More photos from the final couple of days in Japan.






HE SAID:

The changes for the car insurance were a real nightmare to get done. Their online system was crap, and wouldn't complete the process, without saying why. Their phone system kept pushing us to use the online system. Then, when we finally got through to a human on the phone (after several hours), the buggers wanted an extra hundred pounds just to temporarily add two names to to the car insurance. Rip off! I reminded Jan to shop around for a better deal when this policy expires; she is paying more for her car insurance on a 16 year old runabout than we pay on our ute.

Jan asked me many times to help her get a new smartphone when we got back to Horsham. So, I have been doing some research and have decided which one I think is best for her, allowing for her usage, future usage, and hopefully some longevity. We have some time tomorrow morning so may get it then. When we have time I'll transfer all her things to the new phone, and expect many questions on how to use it! After that, she would like help finding a new laptop...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.