Sunday 28 April 2024

Wednesday 24th April 2024

Wednesday 24th April

SHE SAID:

We left the Villa Pitiana around 9.15am, heading for Florence/Firenze. I never went to Florence when I lived in Italy in the mid 1980’s & was looking forward to seeing it.

The weather was much improved, with sun & clouds & no wind for the day. We had a 2-hour guided walking tour of the city before being left to ourselves for 3 hours. Annoyingly, once again 2 people got “lost” though they claim they were in the “right” location, though everyone else was somewhere else...which was the right place!

We got to Lucca, our next 2-night city, around 5.30pm & were pleasantly surprised at the standard of the hotel. It seems very nice. Geoff & I had a nice meal in the central Piazza dell’Anfiteatro, & a slow wander through the lovely streets of Lucca.


Florence


Ponte Vecchio (gold bridge)



Lecco



HE SAID:

I don't think I'd recommend Villa Pitiana to anyone. Interesting history but ordinary hotel. 

Lucca seemed like a nice place. It was easy to walk around, wasn't very touristy, and looked nice. Our dinner turning up on a large skewer was a cool surprise. And it was tasty. So, just what we wanted. I also managed to enjoy a local dark beer and a glass of house red. I must be on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.