Sunday 24 June 2018

Sunday 24th June


SHE SAID:

It was pouring with rain when we all surfaced this morning. We had a leisurely cooked brunch and waited out the rain showers.

Ang continued her tour guiding, showing me her work place, then Pukekura Gardens, the sound dome, where they have concerts. She even spotted the native Tui bird for me to photograph.

We got back to the house just before the heavens opened.

My brief stay was rounded off with an excellent roast pork dinner.

Apparently according to "tour guide Ang", some of "The Last Samurai" movie was filmed
in the ground of this park

The fernery








Wandering the gardens


Tea House on the main lake





Old Colonial Hospital

Chinese Gardens



One of New Zealands iconi birds; Tui


My wonderful hosts....thanks guys


HE SAID:

The cat, the pony, and I spent our last full Varena-less day at the house. There were a few things to be done, but I had to do everything myself. The others were no help at all. Varena also missed out on a trip to the dump and recycling centre. 
Her loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.