Tuesday 16 April 2024

Monday 15th April 2024

Monday 15th April

SHE SAID:

Let's talk about the weather. Yes, the absolute crappy weather that England puts on & the main reason I left the country way back in the late 1980’s. It certainly hasn’t improved since then!

Friday & Saturday were mild & we had sunny spells, with little wind. Sunday it was mostly overcast with a breeze that was COLD.

Today we woke to grey skies & squally rain & quite windy. As we drove back to Horsham we encountered heavy rain (the wee tiny, windy English roads were quickly starting to flood), then a hailstorm, thankfully tiny hail, but at one stage Geoff was looking for a layby to pull into as we could hardly see the road. Thankfully it was brief!

The temperature went from 8c to 4c when the hail hit. It crept back up to 5c by the time we got to Horsham! Now sitting at Mum’s it is a little sunny, but windy, & I imagine pretty cold outside. I have no plans to leave the place again today!

Oh yes, Geoff was kept busy with settling up Mums brand new computer for the rest of the afternoon.

Oh, oh yes, I've managed to score ANOTHER cold, that's 2 in 2 weeks. I don't think I've had one in at least 6 years in Oz!



These pictures don't capture the rain
nor the hail well at all.
AND I didn't remember to get photos with Sue & Al!!!

HE SAID:

I think I also have a bug of some sort. All those years in WA without catching a cold...

I don't mind setting up a new computer. I wouldn't call it fun but it is interesting in a way. This time around I can see so much more pushy advertising with the install, and I couldn't find a way to get the computer going without logging in to a Microsoft account. Bastards.

Before getting to Jan's we called in to a post office and got some euro for our Italy trip, and also some day/night cold and flu pills; hopefully they help bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.