Tuesday 16 April 2024

Sunday 14th April 2024

Sunday 14th April

SHE SAID:

We had a quiet day at the house. Sue & me chatting 19 to the dozen & Geoff & Al in the lounge watching sports. The weather was partly sunny, but the breeze was cold, not nice enough to sit outside.

Geoff kindly volunteered to mow their grass, front & back, Al isn’t able to do it anymore & Sue can’t carry the mower up the steps into the back garden. They hadn’t had it done since November, so it took Geoff quite a while to do the small areas, but at least it’s done now.


Sue & Al's "dunny; shed"


Sunset in Crowborough

HE SAID:

I offered to mow the grass. They were unable to do it, they couldn't get a gardener in for a couple of months, and I knew it wouldn't take me long. It actually took me longer than I thought it would as their mower is a corded Flymo, and it has a tiny internal catcher for the clippings. A normal petrol mower, or a battery powered one, would probably be a lot easier to use. After my first ever use of a Flymo I decided to never buy one! I also found that the mystery bare patches in the grass that Sue pointed out to me are caused by their cat using the long grass as a toilet! There was plenty of evidence of this, and Varena also saw Jeanie using it, so I don't know whether the cat will continue to use that area out of habit or have to find a new spot further away from from the house.

Al and I watched some IPL and also some European rugby throughout the day. Al is mostly glued to the sofa these days so there was never any plan to leave the house. Sue and Varena seemed to have a good long chat, which was nice to see. Al whipped up some tasty spicy chicken burgers for dinner. He offered me two of these, but there was no way I'd have more than one. It was plenty. Al managed two burgers on top of the double lunch that he ate. I'm not sure how long he can sustain eating so much, a lot of it junk food, with his total lack of exercise. I suggested an e-bike, so that he can pedal a bit when he can, then use the battery to get up hills or whenever he gets tired. He seemed surprised by the suggestion, then dismissed it. It must be quite a worry for Sue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.