Saturday 13 April 2024

Wednesday 10th April 2024

 Wednesday 10th April

SHE SAID:

OMG, I’m 60 today...how old is that! I can’t believe I’m an OAP now!!! Well, I can draw the superannuation out. The actually old age pension is 67!

Geoff gave me a ‘WA Orchid Hunter” T-shirt, which I love, also a voucher for a photo shoot in Venice dressed in the Venice Carnivale clothes & masks. I’m very excited about that.

Mum’s gift is a night at Horsted Place, near Uckfield, including high tea, dinner & breakfast. Julian & Kiyoka gave me the always cute Japanese critters in the shape of a mini-HD & a lovely card.

The four “not so young” youngsters headed off in the hire car for Ashdown Forest. Mum left Horsham later to pick John up & meet us at Horsted Place. I chose to hunt out Piglet’s House & play Pooh Sticks at Poohsticks Bridge, because, well it was MY birthday! It was a nice leg stretch in the forest & a bit of silliness.

At Horsted Place we were given the Portsmouth Suite, which overlooked the park & gardens & was VERY nice. High Tea was totally extravagant, & dinner a 3-course indulgence. I was pampered by everyone & had a wonderful day with many lovely messages from around the world for my significant day!


Ashdown Forest
&
Poohsticks Bridge



Piglet's House


Magpie, Grey Squirrel & a Robin



Portsmouth Suite & view


The entrance hall


High tea
&
Wacky lamp


Celebrating!



HE SAID:

Happy Birthday Varena!

My lovely, gorgeous wife is a very youthful 60 today. It is hard to believe it! Time has marched on! I tried to spoil her a bit, as did everyone else, and we had a great time. Horsted Place is not the sort of place I'd go to unless I'd had a big windfall, so having been twice now I know we are very lucky. Everything was great, except for Julian, who has a bug of some sort and lost his lunch, staying in his room afterwards. The lemon meringue pie seems to have been the trigger, and I guess he'll never want to eat it again!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.